Call for: West Midland’s SEND, alternative provision, EYFS, Primary, Secondary or FE teachers/tutors who have a passion for creative education.
Bringing contemporary art into schools enables teachers to promote curiosity, encourage dialogue, and initiate debate about the world and the issues that affect our lives.
- Open to West Midlands creative teachers from all education levels and settings.
- Deadline for proposals- Friday 6th November
Arts Connect and the University of Wolverhampton are looking to collaborate with up to 10 teachers from across the West Midlands to develop a core group of British Art Show 9 Lead Teachers. Through exploring British Art Show 9 and contemporary art practices within their own teaching practice BAS 9 Lead Teachers will be instrumental in the development of resources, activities, curriculum design and CPD opportunities that will be shared with teachers from across the West Midlands. The BAS 9 Lead Teachers group will be an integral part of building a learning exchange programme that is exciting, relevant and accessible to all teachers and their students.
British Art Show 9 Lead Teachers will:
- Be instrumental in building the British Art Show 9 learning programme.
- Access a £250 amplifying fund to enable the exploration, creation and sharing of BAS 9 inspired activities/resources.
- Share their expertise and practice with teachers from across the West Midlands.
- Support in growing a West Midlands wide teacher network.
- Showcase their student’s creative outcomes.
- Raise the profile of creative activities happening in their schools.
- Access exclusive British Art Show 9 events/activities.
If you would like to discuss your application further please email Becky Thompson