Who is this programme for?
You will be a creative and cultural professional who is from a Black, Asian, African or Caribbean heritage, or other ethnically diverse background, whose work involves creative and cultural participation and engagement. You will live in the West Midlands and you will be active as a leader in your field or aspiring to be so. You may be someone, who wants to:
- Be more influential in your current work and make a bigger impact.
- Build confidence in your own leadership potential.
- Be an aspiring and inspiring leader in the sector.
- Be part of a wider regional network.
What will this programme do for you?
- Help develop personal leadership and organisational effectiveness
- Help develop and deepen self-awareness and awareness of others to build productive relationships
- Increase understanding of the broader context for arts and culture in the region and build networks to benefit the sector and children and young people
How we define leadership
In the creative and cultural sector, in common with other areas of work, people with all levels of experience lead in different ways, we define leaders as people who do some or all of the following:
- Influence the direction of the work they and others provide for children and young people
- Create ideas and motivate others to join in and commit to their project
- Devise learning programmes for children and young people
- Manage teams of workshop leaders and artists
- Manage freelance staff
- Develop relationships with partner organisations to achieve common aims
- Develop and manage relationships with funding organisations and sponsors
The programme breakdown
The core leadership programme consists of 4 full day sessions