Submission deadline: Friday 22nd July, 2022
Arts Connect are looking to work with a freelance visual artist with experience of working with young people in education and gallery settings to lead a work-based learning placement programme for 3 visual art degree students from the University of Wolverhampton.
The commissioned artist will work with the university students to develop their understanding of the role of a freelance artist and build their confidence and practical skills around delivering art workshops with young people in school and gallery settings. Each university student will be allocated a Wolverhampton based partner school (primary and secondary) to undertake their work-based learning placement.
The commission will include:
- Developing students understanding of the role of a freelance artist and how workshops are planned and delivered with young people.
- Supporting students to set professional development goals and reflect on learning.
- Leading planning meetings with students and their allocated partner schools.
- Delivering a practical workshop in the 3 art students allocated schools.
- Observing and supporting student led school workshops.
If you require this information in another format, please email Gemma
Join us for an online Q&A session about this role;
- Thursday 23rd June
- 4.30 – 5pm
- Click here to register for the online Q&A