Led by Libraries: Moonbeams Early Years Action Research Programme 2022
Developing language and communication through arts and creativity with 0-5 year olds through an action research partnership between libraries, early years settings and artists supported by Arts Connect and CREC (Centre for Research in Early Childhood).
We are looking for three libraries, with a link to a partner early years setting, to be matched, by Arts Connect, with an artist/arts organisation to form a Triad action research partnership to work collaboratively over 2022 (Summer and Autumn).
We are keen to support Libraries to develop:
· their focus on recovery to bring children and families back to libraries, increasing membership, links with key partners such as early years settings and arts/cultural sector, and to develop their confidence as key providers in developing language and communication of children
· the national conversation on libraries as key to developing language and communication outcomes specifically for very young children, particularly affected by the Pandemic and Lockdown
· the priorities and outcomes of Local Authorities around community recovery
· the home learning environment
· a sustainable partnership with an early years setting as well as with Arts Connect and CREC
· sharing knowledge and learning from the experience locally as well as a national case study for ASCEL (Association of Senior Children’s and Education Librarians), Libraries Connected, Arts Connect and CREC
· Link to other developments such as the refocus of the Book Trust packs and Lets Craft Packs
Please contact Gemma at email@example.com to receive these documents in alternate formats or with questions around accessibility.