We are looking for organisations/Individuals with experience of developing, managing and supporting the delivery of a conference who will work with Arts Connect and the Moonbeams Early Years and Arts regional Enquiry Group, with a focus on early years, arts and creativity, to coordinate our second national/international Moonbeams conference taking place on 31st October 2022.
The Conference, on 31st October 2022, will be held at Mac (Midlands Arts Centre) in Birmingham. Our aim is that the Conference is provocative, reflective and interactive, and all participants leave inspired and energised.
Moonbeams Conference Coordination:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the development and delivery of Arts Connects’ Moonbeams Conference on 31st October 2022 with content agreed by the Moonbeams Enquiry group made up of CREC, Arts Connect, expert artist pedagogistas, Headteachers and other key cultural organisations
- Develop the Conference planning documents to include all pre and post Conference activity/requirements. This will include: coordinating the schedule; the roles & responsibility on the day, conference packs including speaker/presenter Biogs, confirmation pre conference to all speakers/presenters, post conference thanks and feedback to all presenters/speakers (Arts Connect will manage all the delegate bookings and all venue arrangements; all publicity will be managed by Arts Connect’s Comms team)
- Be responsible for booking and managing all speakers and workshop leaders/presenters, and all support needs
- Be the lead on the Conference day in liaison with Arts Connect’s Event working Group and trouble shoot where required
- Coordinate the evaluation for the conference, in liaison with key partners, to collect data on outcomes and share the evidence with The Moonbeams’ Conference Event Working Group Group to inform further developments
- Support, with the Arts Connect and all partners, the Social Media (eg: via a Facebook network; a Moonbeams micro site; e-news), to ensure linked up promotion, advocacy and publicity for the Moonbeams’ conference
- Regular liaison with Pepita Hanna, Arts Connect’s Associate Director and lead for Moonbeams, and regular updates to Arts Connect’s Conference Event Group.
- A final Moonbeams Conference report to Arts Connect to include all the evaluation from the event from: delegates; presenters/speakers; The Conference Event Management Working Group
- At least 2 years professional project management experience including managing large events, such as conferences, with multiple speakers/presenters and workshops
- At least 2 years professional experience in working with a wide range of partners and funders
- Good working knowledge of the early years in the context of arts and creativity
- Strong communication skills including presentation and writing skills
- Time management skills
- The Coordinator will manage their own workload and priorities and deliver project administration effectively
- Be ICT literate, have their own computer; be able to develop new skills quickly, and can use Outlook, WordPress, Social Media, and be self-sufficient in office administration
The contract for a maximum of £6,000 is to start in early July 2022 and to complete no later than mid-December 2022. Please note that the University of Wolverhampton is required to make a decision about how the preferred supplier will be paid and if the supplier is deemed to be in scope for IR35, PAYE will be deducted at source from invoices before payment.
The engagement will be for a maximum of £6,000
Timescale and further information:
Deadline for submission of quotations: 20th June 2022 (12.00 midday)
Please note: you may be invited for a selection meeting on 24th June 1.00-5.00pm
For further information and an informal conversation about this engagement contact:
Pepita Hanna, Arts Connect Associate Director, Mobile: 07779 773184 or email Pepita