Highlighting Creative Careers in the West Midlands
Arts Connect are supporting nine fun and engaging Creative Careers events for and with young people across the West Midlands during National Careers Week (6th to 11th March) to showcase, signpost and promote the array of diverse career opportunities that are available across the arts and cultural sector.
Find out more about what they have on offer below:
Careers with Words
Bringing together Arts Connect and ASCEL with Writing West Midlands, Careers with Words will tour to libraries across the West Midlands during National Careers Week, to inspire young people aged 14+ to consider a future in publishing, as a writer, in the library service, or doing one of the many roles being showcased with writing at their core.
Come along to one of the FREE events listed below, to hear about how you could forge a career as a writer, librarian, content creator, publisher, editor, literary agent, or copywriter.
Arts Connect would like to thank Stockton-on-Tees Libraries and Archives for their support and for allowing us to continue to develop Careers with Words.
Careers with Words will be at:
- Burton-on-Trent Library, Tuesday 7th March 2023, 4pm
- Wednesbury Library, Wednesday 8th March 2023, 1pm
- Leamington Spa Library, Wednesday 8th March 2023, 6pm
- The Hive, Worcester, Thursday 9th March 2023, 10am
- Shrewsbury Library, Friday 10th March 2023, 1pm
Arts Connect in partnership with Creative Alliance are supporting the Local Cultural Education Partnerships of Solihull, Walsall, Stoke-on-Trent and North Staffordshire and Creative Connections Herefordshire to host Creative Industry Careers Days during National Careers Week across the West Midlands.
The four amazing events will be taking place at The Core Solihull, The New Art Gallery Walsall, the New Vic Theatre in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Hereford College of Arts. The events will involve talks from creative professionals, tours of the creative spaces, panel discussions, and creative style learning activities for young people to learn about the different job roles within the creative industries and how to become a creative professional.
Creative Alliance will be working with:
- Stoke-on-Trent and North Staffordshire CEP @ the New Vic Theatre in Newcastle-under-Lyme on 16th February and 6th March
- Solihull CEP @ The Core Solihull on 7th March
- Creative Connections Herefordshire @ Hereford College of Arts on 9th March
- Walsall CEP@ The New Art Gallery Walsall on 10th March