Current Aims & Objectives
Wolverhampton CEP is a network, which includes arts and cultural organisations, the Local Authority, Higher and Further Education organisations and other public and voluntary sector individuals and organisations from the Black Country, who are working with children and young people (aged 0-25 years) in Wolverhampton.
Our Vision: Wolverhampton CEP believes that children and young people should be active in shaping the City’s cultural offer.
Wolverhampton is a diverse City and it’s cultural offer to children and young people 0-25 years should reflect this and show their ideas and ambitions.
We will do this by:
- Establishing a sustainable network of arts, cultural and education partners to develop the CEP’s vision, and its cultural offer for the City’s children and young people.
- Ensuring that children and young people, in and out of school, engage in quality activities in arts and culture across the City.
- Establishing strong partnerships with the education sector to provide opportunities that demonstrate the value of arts and culture to children and young people, parents and carers, local government and the wider community.
- Raising the profile of the arts and cultural offer for children and young people in Wolverhampton locally, regionally and nationally.
- Ensuring that children and young people are at the heart of the CEP, including their sense of ownership and pride in the City.
- Working with existing partners, and developing new partnerships, to ensure progression routes for children and young people into FE, HE and the creative industries.
- Identifying opportunities for joint funding, and collaboration, across CEP members to lever more funding and resources.